Everything You Need To Know About Lighting A Lighted Vanity Mirror
Lighted Vanity Mirror
Pointers When Buying A Lighted Vanity Mirror
A useful lighted
vanity mirror mimics natural light and lets you keep calm when you are applying your makeup.
Perhaps you have had that experience after you’ve put on your makeup and thought ‘Wow I should be in the front page of a fashion magazine….’ But only to leave the house, and see the reflection of some messy smudges you’ve missed!
This makes you wonder. How I was a cover girl just moments ago and turned into a mess. Damn it must be the lighting.
If you are putting on makeup for daytime date, the ultimate light is the one that you’ll probably be exposed to during the day. That is daylight. If you cannot do your makeup in daylight, the next best alternative is to use a light that have the same kelvin.
The most important item other than a quality mirror for an efficient makeup mirror is the bulb. This is because different type of light it emits different wave length. You should also think about the size, magnification, and portability or placement of the lighted vanity mirror that you want to buy.
The Most Suitable Bulb For Your Lighted Vanity Mirror
You should begin with the color of the bulb that you may need
White light or lights emitting 6600 kelvin is closest to natural light.
The light that you must stay away from when buying lighted vanity mirror is the warm or yellow light bulbs/
These bulbs while emitting warm or yellow light will make you look good no matter how messed up you did with your makeup.
Now you know why you appear so beautiful and romantic in candlelight.
Warm and yellow light is very forgiving and makes everything look romantic and lovable.
The best light to choose when buying lighted vanity mirror whether it is dimly lit or using a smaller, surface or wall mounted lighted vanity mirror is to always choose one with white light bulbs.
There are three different kinds of bulbs you can choose from. They are incandescent bulbs, fluorescent and LED(Light Emitting Diode) Only the last two light options emit white light. They are LED and fluorescent bulbs. Here are the pro’s and con’s of using the three light source mentioned.
You can also look up here for costs and fact chart for a full understanding when choosing the light source for your lighted vanity mirror.
LED (Light Emitting Diode) White Bulbs Are Your Best Choice
LED bulbs will giving you good lighting for your lighted vanity mirror and will save cost and energy in a long run. Lets compare the three light options in terms of cost and durability.
- The lighted vanity mirror fitted with LED will probably cost twice or 3 times more than the other two types of lighted vanity mirror with the other light options.
- The LED lighted vanity mirror will last 40 times longer from what you get from an incandescent bulb and will roughly set you back 10 times in terms of electricity consumption per year.
- The LED lighted vanity mirror will last roughly 6 times the hours you should get from an flourescent bulb and will set you back roughly 3 times in electricity consumption per year.
Lighted Vanity Mirrors Use Fluorescent Lights In Most Cases
Fluorescent lights are most used lights in office. Fluorescent light works equally well in a lighted vanity mirror being bright and white.
Fluorescent lights are cheaper to produce and therefore the first choice by manufacturers to use them in the mirrors they produce. This does not mean that it makes the lighted vanity mirror cheaper. When compared to LED the flourescent gives you stronger and brighter light in terms of quality.
The fluorescent light is the second choice if you consider the price of a comparable lighted vanity mirror. The flourescent will give less running hours than an LED and cost marginally more to run.
Stay Away From Incandescent Lights
The incandescent lights are normally energy gulping and hot bulbs
The yellowish light will give you the illusion of flawless reflection when you see yourself in the lighted vanity mirror. It is best to stay clear of incandescent lighted vanity mirror.
It is suitable for man who only need it for shaving and certainly not the setup for doing any makeup.
The lighted fixed with incandescent bulb will cost less initially than the others but cost more to run and for a much shorter time as the incandescent bulbs run hot and have a shorter life span.
Other Properties That You Should Take Into Consideration
- Look out for the mirror magnification options to see if it is double sided. This is especially useful for eyebrow shaping as you don’t have to be too near to the mirror to see properly. The 5x magnification will do just fine while the other magnification is a matter of choice. A higher magnification than 5x may not suit everybody
- Size matters. You have to make sure to get the correct size if you are buying online or you may get one that is too big or too small for you to use properly.
- When buying a swivel lighted vanity mirror, please make sure the dimension fits in your bathroom or makeup station. You must also remember to check the high of the base and know whether it can fit in a space with limited height.
- Placing the lighted vanity mirror. When you are using one that is placed on the surface, a smaller base or an adjustable base will save you some space. If you opt for a wall mounted one just make sure it has an adjustable arm and will be better suited when you need to adjust the mirror when applying makeup.
- With dimmability option. A dimmable lighted vanity mirror will help you put on makeup better as you can be assured your makeup is suitable for the occasion you will be for the night. Having the same level of lighting to the light you will be spending the night out is the best option when applying makeup.
How To Mount Lighted Vanity Mirror In The Wall.
The round old junction box is mounted to a hole cut in the drywall.
- The mounting plate is fastened to the junction bow via two screw provided with the lighted vanity mirror.
- The lighted vanity mirror base slides over the two metal studs in the mounting plate and is held in place by two threaded cap balls.
- The lighted vanity mirror light is mounted at a suitable height for ease of use when applying makeup and for a pleasing look.
*Note: The electricity has to be shutoff at the circuit breaker when working with the wiring.http://www.mirroredfurniturecenter.com/lighted-vanity-mirror/http://www.mirroredfurniturecenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/lighted-vanity-mirror.jpghttp://www.mirroredfurniturecenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/lighted-vanity-mirror-150x150.jpglight vanity mirrorHow To Mount Lighted Vanity Mirror In The Wall.,LED (Light Emitting Diode) White Bulbs Are Your Best Choice,Lighted Vanity Mirror,Lighted Vanity Mirrors Use Fluorescent Lights In Most Cases,Other Properties That You Should Take Into Consideration,Pointers When Buying A Lighted Vanity Mirror,Stay Away From Incandescent Lights,The Most Suitable Bulb For Your Lighted Vanity MirrorLighted Vanity Mirror Pointers When Buying A Lighted Vanity Mirror A useful lighted vanity mirror mimics natural light and lets you keep calm when you are applying your makeup. Perhaps you have had that experience after you’ve put on your makeup and thought ‘Wow I should be in the front page of a...orebqkhay email@example.comEditorI Love Mirror